[rspec-users] Rails 3 Support/Design

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 16:10:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 3:14 PM, geetarista <geetarista at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since Rspec-Rails 2 is specifically geared toward Rails 3, I'm
> wondering why it doesn't use railtie, the new generators, etc.  Will
> it stay this way or is it planned to support that?

It does use the new generators, and we do have a railtie, but bundler
doesn't support exposing the railtie in the :test group by default, so
if you do this:

group :test do
  gem "rspec-rails"
end

... then you won't see the rake tasks or the generators. I believe
this will be addressed in bundler before it goes final, at which point
we'll rely only on the railtie.

Cheers,
David