[rspec-users] assigns in RSpec 2 - deprecation warning on rendered?

Trey Bean trey at 12spokes.com
Wed Jun 9 17:45:18 EDT 2010

If you want to use your assigned message within your spec, you can assign it
to a variable in the assign call, e.g.

assign(:message, @message = stub('message').

Since you're calling text on the message in your view, you should stub that
method:

assign(:message, @message = stub('message', :text => 'hello world').

As to the deprecation message, if you're still using response, you should be
using rendered.  The message is correct.

Hope the helps ya,
Trey