[rspec-users] spec.opts is deprecated - Using options file with RSpec 2

Kristian Mandrup kmandrup at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 15:43:28 EDT 2010

Thanks ;)

I also tried to follow the instructions on using autospec/autotest,
first from the RSpec book then from instructions found on the net.

I managed to do the following so far:

# config/cucumber.yml
default: --format profile features
html_report: --format progress --format html --
out=features_report.html features

User specific
# ~/.autotest
require 'autotest/fsevent'
require 'autotest/growl'

# Skip some paths
Autotest.add_hook :initialize do |autotest|
  %w{.git .DS_Store ._* vendor}.each { |exception|
autotest.add_exception(exception) }

Project specific
Autotest.add_hook(:initialize) {|at|
  at.add_exception %r{^\.git}  # ignore Version Control System
  at.add_exception %r{^./tmp}  # ignore temp files, lest autotest will
run again, and again...
  #  at.clear_mappings         # take out the default (test/test*rb)
  at.add_mapping(%r{^lib/.*\.rb$}) {|f, _|

$ autotest
style: Cucumber
Using the default profile...

But now it only outputs Cucumber feature results.

How do I instruct it to ignore Cucumber for the time being and report
only on my RSpec 2 specs in my spec dir?