[rspec-users] Specifying which spec types helper modules get included into in the RSpec.configure block

S Bennett logiclab.co.uk at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 30 12:14:25 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Using Rails 3.0.0.rc & RSpec 2.0.0.beta.19

I'm trying to specify what type of specs helper modules get included
into such as below:

    config.include Devise::TestHelpers, :type => :controller

When I run the controller specs I get undefined method 'sign_in' which
tells me that the helpers aren't getting included.

If I remove the :type => :controller hash from the statement, the
module is included ok (into all spec types) and the specs pass.

Am I doing something wrong or has the syntax for specifying which spec
types the modules get included into changed?

Thanks

Simon