[rspec-users] Problem running RSpec tests with Rails

Bruno Cardoso lists at ruby-forum.com
Mon Jul 26 13:40:40 EDT 2010

Bruno Cardoso wrote:
> Thanks for the answers.
>
> What both solutions (from Ashley and David) do is not modify the BD in
> anyway, so nothing gets dropped and nothing is created. This resolves
> the problem but what if I want a clean installation in each test run? Is
> there a way to keep my "schema_migrations" table or remove the check for
> migration scripts? I would still like to recreate the rest of the
> tables.

By the way, I'm using: "rake spec --trace" and the result was:

** Invoke spec (first_time)
** Invoke db:test:prepare (first_time)
** Invoke db:abort_if_pending_migrations (first_time)
** Invoke environment
** Execute db:abort_if_pending_migrations
You have 12 pending migrations:
  20100628100855 CreateCustomers
Run "rake db:migrate" to update your database then try again.