[rspec-users] rspec-orm and _not_ mocking models

Costa Shapiro costa at mouldwarp.com
Wed Jul 21 17:28:02 EDT 2010

Hello,

(Surprisingly?) I find mocking AR (DM less so) in specs extremely tedious
_and_ intrusive.

Having said this, I find the approach of top-down VCM speccing very
legitimate (cucumber for V, rspec for C, and probably unit tests for M).
That is, a model is an inherent though separate part of the controller and
trying to spec just the controller lacks efficiency (pragmatism) and leads
to frustration.

Therefore, I've starting working on
http://github.com/costa/rspec-orm(everything is of concept-quality
there, including the name). It's already
"working for me".
I think the README there pretty much cuts it, so I'd just welcome the
comments here.
Note that — I'm sorry — the code is not only unpackaged, but it is in a
separate http://github.com/costa/dev/tree/master/ruby/ in part (for a
reason).

Again, *any* feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,