[rspec-users] How are people speccing and cuke-ing Paperclip (with S3)?

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Sat Jul 17 13:46:47 EDT 2010

On 17 Jul 2010, at 5:58 PM, Steve Klabnik wrote:

>  You don't need to test Paperclip's ability to put files to S3

It depends on your confidence in Paperclip (s/Paperclip/X random library) and the severity of problem it could cause if it doesn't work.  To me, at least, it's more a risk/value judgement than a binary decision.  If millions of pounds rested on Paperclip uploading files to the right place, I'd test the hell out of it before using it in my own app!