[rspec-users] How are people speccing and cuke-ing Paperclip (with S3)?

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 12:43:19 EDT 2010

Hi -- I'm running into all sorts of difficulties trying to use paperclip
with cucumber and rspec.

Basically, I'm stubbing out paperclip calls with WebMock (I've adapted the
shoulda macro that uses FakeWeb to do this).

But every time I get things running smoothly, something else pops up to
screw things up.

The latest is a "Too many open files" error.

So how are other people speccing their paperclip code?

Please tell me they're doing *some*thing, as I'm using S3 storage, which
would really slow my tests down if I just did nothing.

I'm starting to think of all sorts of horrible solutions, like making the
storage strategy dependent on the environment, like using the file system if
it is a test or cucumber env.

But I'd hate to resort to that.

Any & all advice really appreciated!

PS -- cross-posted at rspec and paperclip lists.