[rspec-users] spec for a rails helper that renders a partial template

Jonathan Rochkind lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jul 13 19:59:52 EDT 2010

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2010, at 6:05 PM, Jonathan Rochkind wrote:
> Do you know about integrate_views?
> http://rspec.info/rails/writing/controllers.html

I read about it in my quest through the documentation for a solution.

This isn't actually a controller spec I'm trying to write, it's a helper
spec. If I actually set it up as a helper spec... I don't seem to get
"integrate_views", if I try to call it I get a method missing exception.

Can I set it up as a controller spec, but then somehow still spec a
helper method, rather than a controller?  I thought of that, and tried
to do it, but couldn't quite figure out how to do that. Any advice?