[rspec-users] before(:all) to set up mocks and stubs

Bayard Randel kit at nocturne.net.nz
Tue Jul 13 18:05:55 EDT 2010

I know that generally it is not considered best practice to user
before(:all) and after(:all) as state is shared between all examples, which
is a unit-testing anti-pattern. The rspec book recommends setting up
fixtures and environment for each example. Perhaps to drive this point home,
support for this method has been dropped in rspec2? (just a guess)
Bayard Randel
nocturne.net.nz