[rspec-users] before(:all) to set up mocks and stubs

Ivo Dancet caifara.subscribe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 08:25:03 EDT 2010

Hi

I'm upgrading an application to rspec2/rails3. A certain suite of tests, that generates a pdf document, uses a before(:all) filter to set the environment using mocks and stubs. Then the pdf gets generated and after that all the tests run on that same pdf document. In rspec2 it seems like I can only use mocks and stubs in in before(:each) filters (thus not in before(:all) filters). Has this been changed, or is this supposed to work (I may be doing something wrong)?

Thanks