[rspec-users] [Rails] Stubbed static methods are bleeding over into other specs and making them fail

Patrick Gannon patgannon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 20:37:52 EDT 2010


On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:26 PM, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> I just pushed what I  believe to be a fix for this - please try pointing
> Gemfile to the git repos again. It should work if you do this with all of
> them:
>
> gem "rspec-rails",        :git => "git://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails.git"
> gem "rspec",              :git => "git://github.com/rspec/rspec.git"
> gem "rspec-core",         :git => "git://github.com/rspec/rspec-core.git"
> gem "rspec-expectations", :git => "
> git://github.com/rspec/rspec-expectations.git"
> gem "rspec-mocks",        :git => "git://github.com/rspec/rspec-mocks.git"
>
> Let me know if it works out.
>
>
Hi David,

I just got a chance to try this, and ran into more problems.  Prior to
trying this, we were running RSpec2 beta 13.  When I changed our Gemfile to
depend on 'edge' RSpec et al (as you suggested above), I get a very strange
error when I run rake (after doing a 'bundle install').  The same error
occurs after I tell it specifically to use beta 16 (rather than 'edge').  It
seems to somehow not be able to find the bundler gem when it runs the main
bundler script from within rake:

C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:779:in
`report_activate_error': Could not find RubyGem bundler (>= 0)
(Gem::LoadError)
        from C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:214:in `activate'
        from C:/Ruby187/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1082:in `gem'
        from C:/Ruby187/bin/bundle:18
rake aborted!
bundle exec  C:/Ruby187/bin/ruby.exe  -Ilib -Ispec
"./spec/controllers/discrepancies_controller_spec.rb" *(...spec names
omitted..)* failed

When I downgrade back to beta 13, everything works again.  I can't seem to
figure out why it wouldn't be able to find the bundler gem (since obviously
bundler is installed), so I cannot say whether or not your fix for the
stubbing issue solved my problem.  The stack trace (resulting from running
rake with "--trace") and my current list of installed gems (via "bundle
list") is here: http://gist.github.com/470278 (sorry for the line breaks)

Thanks for your help!
Pat Gannon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/rspec-users/attachments/20100709/a02c549c/attachment.html>


More information about the rspec-users mailing list