[rspec-users] experimental branch with no at_exit hook

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 13:45:50 EDT 2010

Hey all,

I've got an experimental branch of rspec-core-2 that removes the at_exit hook: http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/tree/no-at-exit. It works just fine with the rake and rspec commands, as well as spork. You can use it with the ruby command if you include "-S rspec" (avoiding this was one of the reasons for the at_exit hook in the first place). The only case in which I'm unable to get it to work is with the updated TextMate bundle (http://github.com/rspec/rspec-tmbundle). I'll start a separate thread for that issue.

This is a big change, so I don't want to merge it to master without some serious field testing. If any of you care to point your Gemfile at the no-at-exit branch and try it out on your apps, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David