[rspec-users] Accessing view helpers to spec cell views, Rails3, RSpec2

doug livesey biot023 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 05:29:15 EDT 2010

Hi -- I'm trying to use the excellent Cells <http://cells.rubyforge.org/> gem
in a Rails 3 project with RSpec 2.
I've got the 'controller' bit of the cells specced okay, but I'm struggling
with the 'view' bit.
What I want to do is to use RSpec's view helper methods to render the views,
but don't know how to access them.
I've tried declaring the spec like this:
  describe "tabs/show.html.haml", :type => :view do

This, however, still won't give me access to the assign( key, value )
method, so I guess I'm still drawing a blank, there.
Could someone advise me on how to access the view helpers in a spec that
falls outside of the normal rails dir structure?
(The actual path to the spec in question is
"spec/cells/tabs/show.html.haml_spec.rb", and the file being specced is
Thanks for any & all help,