[rspec-users] Setting up rspec-rails for hacking

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Wed Jul 7 02:29:27 EDT 2010

El 07/07/2010, a las 03:54, Lalish-Menagh, Trevor escribió:

> I am sure most of you could do this easily, but I wanted to write down
> how I got there in any case, so here are my instructions on how to set
> up rspec-rails to hack on:
> http://trevmex.com/post/779078048/how-to-start-hacking-a-ruby-project

Did you know about the rspec-dev meta project?

  http://github.com/rspec/rspec-dev

This is a project which sets up everything you need to do RSpec development, including hacking on rspec-rails. As long as you have rake and Bundler (>= 1.0.0.beta) it is quite easy to set-up:

  git clone git://github.com/rspec/rspec-dev.git
  cd rspec-dev
  rake setup # clones all the rspec-* repos under "repos/"
  rake # runs all specs and features from rspec-* repos

Perhaps we should update the rspec-* READMEs with a point back to rspec-dev so that people know about it?

Cheers,
Wincent