[rspec-users] Possible improvements to routing spec API

Randy Harmon rjharmon0316 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 5 15:00:45 EDT 2010

David Chelimsky wrote:
> ps - I moved your post to the bottom - please bottom/inline post
> instead of top-posting (http://idallen.com/topposting.html).
Sorry, perhaps I should have deleted most of the quotey bits, since I
was replying very generally to the thread.
> Check out these two threads:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rspec/browse_thread/thread/9ac4ff6f3bac8423
> http://groups.google.com/group/rspec/browse_thread/thread/4775eaa9b8b3c25f
>
> Both of them were, coincidentally, started independently and with a day or two of this thread :)

I don't think I understand the core of these two problems - nesting
isn't something I've dealt with much.  Are they both nested issues,
and/or is there a distinction between the two problems?  It seems to me
that Rails' own assertions aren't able to test these well because the
route generation itself is suboptimal.  Or does that characterization
reveal my lack of understanding?

Randy