[rspec-users] Loading problem with engine extending ActionController::Base

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Sat Jul 3 17:40:00 EDT 2010

On Saturday 03 July 2010, David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2010, at 3:34 PM, Michael Schuerig wrote:

[double loading of Rails framework classes]
> > require File.dirname(__FILE__) + "/../config/environment" unless
> > defined?(Rails)
>
> This is from an old version of the spec_helper. Be sure to follow the
> post-install instructions (that's what they're there for) and run
> "script/rails generate rspec:install".

Indeed, you're right. I compared old and new visually (only) and didn't
notice the difference. As I have some stuff in spec_helper.rb, I don't
like to overwrite it.

> The newer generated spec_helper uses File.expand_path for this
> require, so it doesn't load the file a second time. I believe that
> will fix this issue for you.

Unfortunately and surprisingly not. I'm using

in case that makes a difference.

I can work around this by including the required extension explicitly in
ApplicationController, of course.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig