[rspec-users] RSpec 2.0, Cucumber, ruby-debug

Woody Peterson lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Jul 2 01:48:03 EDT 2010

> What are you experiencing and what are you expecting?

If you use rspec in cucumber, cucumber doesn't support --debug as an
option, so you can't use debuggers in cucumber + rspec.

Given RSpec 2.0's api, the expected behavior is declaring --debug +
debugger drops you into a debugger, and the experience is an unsupported
option error from cucumber.

However, in my opinion, the expected behavior after declaring a debugger
is to be dropped into a debug session without an extra option. Once
you've played with it a little, then I could imagine wanting to turn 'em
off for a sec before removing them entirely. So I'd rather have
--no-debug myself.