[rspec-users] Rake spec options

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 12:13:48 EDT 2010

Hi guys,
Apologies if this is a dumb question. I'm new to rails and most of the
information online is about rails 2 and rspec 1.3, but my group is
using rails 3 and thus rspec 2. I'm trying to format the output of
rake spec, and I found online that I could use options like --format
html in a file called spec/spec.opts in the rails base directory.
However, from my attempts to populate this file and my cursory search
through the rspec2 source, I don't think it obeys this file anymore.
Furthermore, it seems like there is no more html format yet (makes
sense, if rspec2 is a complete rewrite). So my question is, is there
any way for me to a) specify options to be used when running rake spec
and b) format the output nicely, specifically in html format but any
alternative to the default is fine.

The goal is basically to have the test results emailed out to the web
development team each time someone pushes to git. I've got the rest of
the script working, I just want to make it prettier. Thanks!