[rspec-users] error: stack level too deep

Thu Jan 21 23:52:28 EST 2010

Please provide more context.  There should be a stack trace that tells you at which line the error occurs.

This problem typically occurs when you have a method that calls itself and has no return mechanism.  Sometimes that can be a sloppily implemented method_missing.

I can't see anything obviously wrong with what you've posted, but there's a lot missing:

* the rest of the spec code
* full error message
* relevant production code

Pat