[rspec-users] running specs on JRuby w/nailgun

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Thu Jan 21 11:11:37 EST 2010

Hi all,
I know this is probably more of a JRuby question but I'm guessing that
people on this list may have gone down this path before.  At work we are
starting a new project using JRuby.  The startup speed for testing an
app is very painful.  Nailgun helps a lot with that.  It only helps with
the slow startup time of JRuby though and does not address the use case
of having gems preloaded like Spork does for MRI.  We would like to have
all of our gems (esp Rails) preloaded in Nailgun so we can run our tests
against it with minimal startup time (just the loading of the app and

Has anyone solved this problem to get lightning fast specs on JRuby just
like we can with MRI and Spork?