[rspec-users] Singleton classes

Juanma Cervera lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Jan 19 09:33:54 EST 2010

Yes, I mean the Singleton Pattern.
I am not an expert with OO, but I supposed this pattern was what best
fits my needs of a class that represent a unique resource in the system,
in this case it's something like a queue of jobs that I have to
administrate in real time.
Am I right?
Maybe not, because I am writing a web app and not using globals or
session state to store this class, and I am accessing the instance of
the class in each http request.
In that case the dup option sounds good for me.
But what do you think?
Thanks David

Juanma