[rspec-users] Testing .Net Newbie

John Polling lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Jan 14 08:17:15 EST 2010

David Chelimsky wrote:
> Did you do all of your testing in NUnit?
>
> When I was working on .NET apps, I used FitNesse for acceptance testing
> and
> NUnit for isolation testing. With Rails, these same roles are played by
> Cucumber and RSpec.

Generally what I do is drive all my individual classes out using NUnit
and Rhino.Mocks and then do the acceptance testing later with FitNesse.

I think this is the part that I'm confusing myself with as most Cucumber
information talks about using scenarios to drive the code out.  So
Cucumber comes first, whereas I used to do the Acceptance testing after
all the other TDD stuff.  Maybe that is me doing it wrong though.

John