[rspec-users] GET a path in a controller spec

Mon Feb 22 02:29:20 EST 2010

Extract redirect logic to an object or helper and test that.

UrlRewriter.new.rewrite('/foods/search/almonds').should == '/almonds'
helper.rewrite_url('/foods/search/almonds').should == '/almonds'

and then you will see that this should probably be called higher up in the call stack, in a before_filter. Or even higher up, at your web server, nullifying the need for any ruby code in the first place.

Cucumber works, too.  "There's more than one way to kill a cat than by stuffing it with butter."

Pat