[rspec-users] Recall a example inside another (just like in Cucumber)

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa celoserpa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:33:47 EST 2010

Hello guys,

I was spec'ing a model and just tried to do something like this

    it "should create a payment with period_start & period_end set
correctly" do
        it "should create a new payment for an approved transaction"

        previous_payment = Payment.find(Payment.last.id-1)
        just_created_payment = Payment.last
        #Here, check below for a documentation of how period_start and
        #period_end should be set as of now:
        payment.period_start.should == previous_payment.period_end
        payment.period_end.should ==  previous_payment.period_end +
(@subscription.billing_cycle.months).months

      end

Calling an already defined example, since this one requires all the
tests/objects from the "should created a new payment for an approved
transaction".

I know I could just recreted all objects locally or just use a before block,
but I think it would be useful if we could do like this just like Cucumber
allows with steps.

Cheers,

Marcelo.