[rspec-users] have_tag missing assert_select outside of controller/view tests

Ed Howland ed.howland at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 13:47:41 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to write an example that uses response.should have_tag('div')
outside of a Rails view test. I read somewhere that as long as you
have an instance variable named @response and it respondes to .body
with some HTML, it should work, but I get this failure:

undefined method `assert_select' for #<ActiveSupport::TestCase::Subclass_1:0x103

Also, has anyone cooked this up to work with Sinatra, or are you
restricted to using Rails? Seems that some Nokogiri wiz could work up
a substitute for ActiveSupport.

Thanks,
Ed

Ed Howland