[rspec-users] Terminate on first failure?

Erik Nost lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Feb 9 11:10:20 EST 2010

We have thousands of code examples ('it' methods) in each of our rspec
files, each of which is dependent upon the success of the previous one.
These are wrapped in a few example groups ('desc' methods).

There's no changing that; that's the way they were written.

We are making significant changes to the code base, and the tests are
failing.  They are also taking a huge amount of time failing each of the
successive code examples.

Is there any way to get RSpec to terminate upon the first failure?

Thanks,
Pete