[rspec-users] Passing parameters to Rspec scripts

J. B. Rainsberger jbrainsberger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:11:30 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:35, Levi Conley <zenshade at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the response. That's an interesting approach.  I will try
> that and see how far I can get with it.
>
> If my ruby chops were a little better, I suspect I could find a more
> elegant solution.  Any other ideas out there?

It sounds like you want a configuration file of some kind. In Java,
I'd suggest starting with a properties file. Could you externalize the
per-customer differences to any kind of configuration file (yaml would
be the standard, no?)? Then you could build a rake task to supply the
right configuration file for each customer, or even iterate over them.
--
J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger :: http://www.jbrains.ca ::
http://blog.thecodewhisperer.com