[rspec-users] Passing parameters to Rspec scripts

Levi Conley zenshade at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:51:02 EST 2010

Newbie here.  I'm hoping someone can give me an outline of how to
re-use rspec scripts by passing them parameters.

The situation I have is testing a web application (using watir) for
about 30 different customers.  Some of the customers have unique
features in their particular application instance, but much of the
codebase is shared (about 90%).  So what I need to be able to do is
write rspec tests covering that shared codebase.  But I need to in
some way pass in the customer name so that watir can log into the
right application instance.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated.  I still have much to learn
about Rspec, but so far this seemingly simple task has me stumped.