[rspec-users] RSpec 2, Rails 3, and SSL routes

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 09:16:55 EST 2010

On Dec 13, 2010, at 7:55 AM, Brian Ploetz wrote:

> Anybody?
>
> On Dec 9, 3:22 pm, Brian Ploetz <bplo... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is probably a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to do
>> this.....
>>
>> If I have some routes which require SSL, how do I test that with
>> RSpec? For example:
>>
>> # routes.rb
>> scope :constraints => { :protocol => "https" } do
>>   match '/foos.(:format)' => 'foos#index', :via => :get, :constraints
>> => { :format => /(json|xml)/ }
>> end
>>
>> In my routing spec, I've tried the following variants with no luck:
>>
>> describe "routing to foos" do
>>   it "routes /foos.json to foos#index" do
>>     { :get => "/foos.json", :protocol => "https" }.should route_to(
>>       :controller => "foos",
>>       :action => "index",
>>       :format => "json"
>>     )
>>   end
>>
>> describe "routing to foos" do
>>   it "routes /foos.json to foos#index" do
>>     { :get => "/foos.json" }.should route_to(
>>       :controller => "foos",
>>       :action => "index",
>>       :format => "json",
>>       :protocol => "https"
>>     )
>>   end
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.

There is an open issue in the Rails tracker about this [1]. assert_recognizes, to which "should route_to" delegates, does not yet support constraints. Sadly, this means there is no good way to do this at the moment.

[1] https://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/tickets/5805-assert_recognizes-does-not-support-constraints for more info.