[rspec-users] displaying a note or comment when --format doc

rails.impaired resident.moron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:39:13 EST 2010

I'm new to rspec, so, I might be coloring outside the lines, but,
there have been several instances where I have wanted to display a
comment or note.

for example:

describe "truck" do
  it "should require model" do

rspec spec --format doc

  should require model

What I mean by display a comment or note would be like:

  NOTE: blah, blah, blah...
  should require model

Currently, I'm accomplishing this goal by using a describe with an
empty block.  Maybe I'm breaking some rules here, but, it just made
sense to display a note given the particular spec I'm working on.

Is there a way to accomplish the same thing other than using a
describe with an empty block??