[rspec-users] specing a model to make sure it implements act_as_authentic

J. B. Rainsberger me at jbrains.ca
Tue Dec 7 21:19:06 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 02:46, ssmithstone <stephen.smithstone at gmail.com>wrote:

Is it possible to spec that a model should acts_as_authentic which is
> from the authlogic gem?
> I'm using rspec-1.3.x

Whenever I don't know how to spec something -- or whether to spec something
-- I ask, "If the thing I'm worried about failed, how would I know?" Then I
try writing a spec to check that.

So let me ask you, if your model failed to acts_as_authentic from the
authlogic gem, what would go wrong? Could you write a test that fails when
that wrong thing happens?
J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger :: http://www.jbrains.ca ::
Diaspar Software Services :: http://www.diasparsoftware.com
Author, JUnit Recipes
2005 Gordon Pask Award for contribution to Agile practice :: Agile 2010:
Learn. Practice. Explore.