[rspec-users] Problem with spec_helper

Daniel Lidström dlidstrom at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 16:21:31 EDT 2010

On 26 Aug, 15:25, Brennon Bortz <bren... at brennonbortz.com> wrote:
> Would not having run "rails generate rspec:install" cause this problem?
>
> On 26 Aug 2010, at 14:21, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
> > On Aug 22, 2010, at 2:10 PM, Daniel Lidström wrote:
>
> >> <snip />
> >> So it seems spec_helper is not being found, am I right? A search of my
> >> system (Ubuntu 10.04) shows this file in several places:
> >> <snip />
>
> > RSpec adds ./spec to the load path so it should find ./spec/spec_helper.rb when you say require 'spec_helper'. I've got co-workers who are using ubuntu and this problem hasn't come up, so I'm a bit mystified. Anybody else suffering this problem?
> > <snip />

That did the trick Brennon:
daniel at ubuntu/home/daniel/programming/rails_projects/sample_app$ rails
generate rspec:install
      create  .rspec
       exist  spec
      create  spec/spec_helper.rb
      create  autotest
      create  autotest/discover.rb
daniel at ubuntu/home/daniel/programming/rails_projects/sample_app$ ls
spec/spec_helper.rb
spec/spec_helper.rb

I missed this step in the railstutorial.org :-(

Anyway, thanks a lot!

Daniel