[rspec-users] upgrading rails 3.0.0.rc.2 and rspec 2.0.0.beta.20 breaks my view tests

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 07:48:09 EDT 2010

On Aug 24, 2010, at 5:09 AM, nathanvda wrote:
> On Aug 24, 9:56 am, nathanvda <nathan... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was using rails 3 rc and rspec beta 19, and everything worked fine.
>> Today i updated and i get errors on the following methods:
>>
>> rendered.should contain("bla")
>>
>> rendered.should have_xpath(//table//tr)
>>
>> rendered.should have_selector('#foo')
>>
>> What should i do?

> I rolled back to version 2.0.0.beta.19 and everything is fine again.

Beta 20 removes the dependency on webrat, so you can choose webrat or capybara. This means you need to add the dependency to the Gemfile yourself. This is documented in the README [1] and upgrade notes [2], which are referenced in the post-install message you get when you install rspec-rails.

HTH,
David

[1] http://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails
[2] http://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails/blob/master/Upgrade.markdown