[rspec-users] Issue with parameterized shared example group on ruby 1.8.6

Myron Marston myron.marston at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 23:06:10 EDT 2010

I messed with this some more and implemented the idea I mentioned
above:

http://github.com/myronmarston/rspec-core/commit/ec3001f290b091fcdab9fb972d9596dd34a91e4e

I think this is *definitely* a better implementation of
#module_eval_with_args for ruby 1.8.6.  It does have the undesirable
side effects I listed above, though, but all in all, it works much
better and solved the problems I was having with parameterized shared
example groups on 1.8.6.

David: let me know if you want me to open an issue on github for
this.  For now I'm posting it here since there's already a discussion
thread about this.

Myron