[rspec-users] Rails 3 plugin development - recommended RSpec practices?

Kristian Mandrup kmandrup.github at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 09:28:10 EDT 2010

I have been thinking that there must be some better ways of doing
Rails plugin development than my current approach. Currently I tend to
have my plugin in one location as a gem and then link to it from some
fresh Rails 3 app, from the vendor/plugins folder, with a symlink.
Then I have to carry around the whole Rails 3 app as baggage for
development. What are some better options?

There must be some libraries, tools out there specifically to meet
this need?
Seems like various plugin developers each have their own setup for
doing this!?

I tend to use RSpec 2 for all my testing needs. How does rspec-rails
fit into this? Would it be better to use Steak or Cucumber for this?

Thanks.