[rspec-users] Including modules for view test in RSpec 2.0.0.beta.19

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 00:48:52 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:21 AM, Dane Harrigan <dane.harrigan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
> I used RSpec 1.3 quite a bit and wanted to move to 2.0. I'm having
> some trouble, but I think I'm just missing something.
> On this pastie you'll see my spec/support/view_helpers.rb, spec/
> spec_helper.rb file and header.haml spec file., http://pastie.org/1081962
> On line 11 of the spec_helper.rb I include my ViewHelpers module in
> the views, but my "should_have_a_link" doesn't exist in the
> header.haml spec file until I include it there on line 4 of the file.
> I'm sure I'm missing something, but I see what it is.
> Thanks in advance everyone,

Known issue: http://github.com/rspec/rspec-rails/issues/closed#issue/159

Fixed just a day or two ago and will be part of the next release (beta
20) which will be sometime in the next week or so. Would have been
sooner, but I just got the book back from indexing (w0000t) and I have
some work to do before it goes off to the copyeditor (double w00000t).

In the mean time, you can point your Gemfile at github and get the
latest and greatest (keep in mind this has its own costs because
you're dealing with a moving target) - see "Living on edge" on