[rspec-users] Recognising RSpec files in the Textmate bundle

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 09:50:16 EDT 2010

On 8 Aug 2010, at 21:53, Phillip Koebbe wrote:

> I don't think you are alone in your quest to achieve greater organization. I am guessing that in your suggested RSpec folder structure, the current folders of controllers|helpers|models|views would all live under examples? I might go for that. I think some (many?) might say that it's an unnecessary level, but I think I'd prefer that. I might even look into doing that anyway :) After all, my Cucumber folder structure is
> cuke/
>    features/
>    steps/
>    support/
> And I use subfolders under features and steps just like I do in RSpec.

> Right. I wouldn't want a particular structure to be forced upon me, so I'd rather not see that happen to anyone.

The biggest problem I can see is the RSpec TMBundle's "Alternate File" command, which I  would probably sacrifice a finger to keep*.  Autotest is easy enough to reconfigure to look in different spec subdirs.

If only there was some way of integrating Alternate File and Autotest mappings...

* But since I'm still typing 9-fingered after I trapped one under a weight in a gym, I consider this pre-payed. So nobody mess with Alternate File!!! Until my finger is better anyway.