[rspec-users] Cant able to create a Rspec files

Aruna Chinnamuthu lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Aug 10 07:27:16 EDT 2010

Hi,

 I am new to ROR. I am working on Rspec..
I have been provided with a full package of an application.
I kept it in my rails dir.
The dir itself contains  spec folder with some controllers/models and
fixtures but without spec_helper file.
So when i run $spec spec/ i got an error

         /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rspec-1.3.0/lib/spec/runner/options.rb:283:in
`files_to_load': File or directory not found: spec/ (RuntimeError)

So i simply deleted the whole spec folder.
And again created  a new spec by

aruna at aruna-desktop:~/railsprojects/appname_c$ script/generate rspec
Configuring rspec and rspec-rails gems in config/environments/test.rb

      exists  lib/tasks
      create  lib/tasks/rspec.rake
      create  script/autospec
      create  script/spec
      create  spec
      create  spec/rcov.opts
      create  spec/spec.opts
      create  spec/spec_helper.rb

aruna at aruna-desktop:~/railsprojects/appname_c$

after all this .. I try to add the testing spec for my controller Users
by

         aruna at aruna-desktop:~/railsprojects/appname_c$ script/generate
rspec_controller Users new
         The name 'UsersController' is either already used in your
application or reserved by Ruby on Rails.
         Please choose an alternative and run this generator again.
         aruna at aruna-desktop:~/railsprojects/appname_c$

I am getting the error as above ..
Pls give me suggestions of why i am getting this error.
How to resolve this one..