[rspec-users] Cucumber Development

Subhash Mishra lists at ruby-forum.com
Fri Aug 6 13:28:32 EDT 2010

David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Aug 6, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Subhash Mishra wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I'm using cucumber for some time. it's quite good and i want to do some
>> further development, so that user can even parse the arguments. I'm
>> looking for developers guide of cucumber or even if some one knows the
>> close by file to change for this requirement would be very helpful.
>> any response about cucumber coding structure would be helpful.
>
> Cucumber has its own mailing list/user group:
> http://groups.google.com/group/cukes.
>
> I'd recommend asking there, though you'll probably want to be a bit more
> specific about your question.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Thanx,
Well as far as concern of my problem is only this much that i want to
parse argument of cucumber sentence before calling sentence definition
e.g. suppose i have a cucumber sentence
          When I press "<some argument>"
and there corresponding definition
          When /^I press "([^\"]*)"$/ do |arg1|
             ruby code
          end
where ever above cucumber sentence will be encountered, the actual ruby
code is going to be called and <some argument> is going to be passed in
'arg1'. i want to do some operation on this <some argument> before being
supplied to arg1.
:-)