[rspec-users] Macros and accessing block-variables (rspec2)

Myron Marston myron.marston at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:24:27 EDT 2010

The before block and the macro declaration get run in different
contexts.  In the before block, self is an instance of the example
group.  Your macro declaration runs with self set to the example group
itself.

It's the difference between an instance variable of a Class instance
(since Classes are objects, too), and an instance variable of an
instance of a class.

Myron