[rspec-users] Evaluating shared example customisation block before shared block

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 07:50:39 EDT 2010

On Aug 3, 2010, at 6:43 AM, Ashley Moran wrote:

> On Aug 03, 2010, at 12:22 pm, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
>> My inclination is to get this feature out with explicit non-support for 1.8.6, and then add support for 1.8.6 if we can get this to work. Working on that now - should be pushing some code (including Myron's contribution) later today.
>
> Do you have everything in place to finish this off?  Happy to help out if you want me to do any more coding on this, but it sounds like you've figured out a solution.  In which case I'll sit back and see how the changes fit with the shared examples I've got so far...

Pushed:

http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/commit/84303616be1ac2f8126675488947b47f6945cebe
http://github.com/rspec/rspec-core/commit/3cea7b8bea51766d632e20bcc9ef15c64b719ea1

Please do let me know if this works with what you've got.

The issue of the evaluation order is still up for grabs, but this now supports params to shared groups in Ruby >= 1.8.7.