[rspec-users] Evaluating shared example customisation block before shared block

Ashley Moran ashley.moran at patchspace.co.uk
Mon Aug 2 09:23:20 EDT 2010

On 1 Aug 2010, at 11:52 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> re: order of evaluation of blocks, I think I'm inclined to go one way one minute, and another the next. Somebody convince me of one or the other.

One thing that may help clear this up is: can anyone offer a concrete example of where overriding a shared example group helper method would be useful (and better than an alternative design)?

My gut feeling is that, as David suggested, being able to override these is creating a class hierarchy of example groups.  It feels to me unnervingly like overriding private methods.  I wait to be proved wrong though, I just can't think of an example myself of wanting to do this.