[rspec-users] Running code on error

Ben Mabey ben at benmabey.com
Fri Apr 30 12:19:59 EDT 2010

Ryan S wrote:
> Well, I am using SauceOnDemand with rspec. So when a test fails I want
> to download the video that corresponds to the failing test. I figured
> I could do a:
>
> it "should download video" do
>   begin
>     #some failing test here
>   rescue Exception => e
>     #download video
>     raise e
>   end
> end
>
> But this would get very repetitive for every rspec test.

Have you investigated creating a custom formatter?  I think that
approach might be better suited for what you are doing.  It has been a
while since I've dug into that code but I imagine that the exception
will be passed to you for inspection.

If that doesn't suit your needs you will have to decorate 'it' on
ExampleGroup.

-Ben