[rspec-users] Good practices on spec'ing views?

Stefan Kanev stefan.kanev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 04:26:01 EDT 2010

Hey guys.

I've been doing RSpec for more than a year by now, yet I cannot help but
feel that I've never got a single view spec right. I can see that I have
very few view specs and that my views tend be a lot messier than everything
else. I've read the chapter in the RSpec book about spec'ing views, but I
still think I'm not getting it right.

Assuming that I'm a view spec noob, would you guys care to share your
experience with writing them? What works and what doesn't? What should I
avoid at all cost? And most importantly, how does the process of writing
view specs feel?