[rspec-users] Future of RSpec Integration Testing

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 13:56:32 EDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 12:48 PM, James H wrote:

> Greetings.
> My team at work is trying to decide between Cucumber and RSpec
> integration tests for all future integration-style testing. The team
> is divided on this, so I thought I'd approach the community to see
> what the future of RSpec integration tests are. I've heard a rumor
> that they're being removed

rspec-rails-2 (for rails-3) has request specs, which mix in behavior from rails integration tests. So the rumor is incorrect, at least as it pertains to rspec-rails.

That said, request specs and Cucumber can cover the same features and functionality. It's really a matter of team make-up and personal preference.