[rspec-users] running: 'rake spec' mixes ApplicationHelper into my ActiveRecord model instances

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Thu Apr 22 15:29:58 EDT 2010

When I run the a controllers spec test on it's own I get just what I expect.

But when I run the same tests with: rake spec I get some strange errors because ApplicationHelper ends up getting mixed into my
ActiveRecord model instances.

Is this normal? It seems nutty to me -- maybe it's a problem just in my codebase.

This is a rails 2.3.4 project using these versions of rspec and rspec-rails:

$ gem list rspec

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

rspec (1.3.0)
rspec-rails (1.3.2)