[rspec-users] State of autospec/test and Rails 3

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 23:43:10 EDT 2010

On 14, April 2010, at 14 Apr 23:37, David Chelimsky wrote:
> On Apr 14, 2010, at 7:37 AM, Mikel Lindsaar wrote:
>> I saw a thread or a blog post, I think it was on your site David, that Autotest is not working with Rails at the moment, circa beta4.
> I'm having success with it. Take a look at http://gist.github.com/365816 - anything you're missing there?

Hi David,

Two things I had wrong:

1) I wasn't installing autotest as a gem
2) I was installing rspec-rails from git instead of from a gem
3) I had ./.autotest/discover.rb instead of ./autotest/discover.rb

I blame it on a late night :)

One thing though, running rspec-rails from :git would not run, giving:

 $ autotest
Error loading Autotest style autotest/rails_rspec2 (no such file to load -- autotest/rails_rspec2). Aborting.

Changing the Gemfile to use ">= 2.0.0.beta" fixed it.

Thanks :)