[rspec-users] Can I use mocking in this way?

Vojto Rinik zero0xxx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:56:37 EDT 2010

Hello RSpec users!

I have one abstract class and a few classes that inherit from that abstract one.

I'd like to test if my abstract class works with RSpec, but I can't test directly abstract
class (or can I?) and I don't wanna test some particular class that inherits, because
I wanna test general behaviour.

So I was just wondering. Can I use mocking somehow to create a subclass of my
base class, add some functionality in it and test methods of the base class?

Hope that makes sense.

Vojto Rinik
http://infinite.sk

“Perfection is achieved perfection not when
there is nothing left to add, but when there is
nothing left to take away”
				– Antoine de Saint-Exupery