[rspec-users] Can I use mocking in this way?

Vojto Rinik zero0xxx at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:56:37 EDT 2010

Hello RSpec users!

I have one abstract class and a few classes that inherit from that abstract one.

I'd like to test if my abstract class works with RSpec, but I can't test directly abstract
class (or can I?) and I don't wanna test some particular class that inherits, because
I wanna test general behaviour.

So I was just wondering. Can I use mocking somehow to create a subclass of my
base class, add some functionality in it and test methods of the base class?

Hope that makes sense.

Vojto Rinik

“Perfection is achieved perfection not when
there is nothing left to add, but when there is
nothing left to take away”
				– Antoine de Saint-Exupery