[rspec-users] Can't figure you why I am getting deliver_from == Nil Using EmailSpec

Tom Hoen thoen at edgevaleinteractive.com
Thu Oct 22 11:40:57 EDT 2009

Using EmailSpec, I am testing the format of emails sent from an observer.

I can verify the deliver_to address, the bcc_to address, and that the
message body has the appropriate text.

However, when I test the deliver_from, I am getting an error saying my
deliver_from is nil, though when I follow the same steps in development, an
email is sent with the appropriate from address. This is the message I am
getting:

'Event Notification should be sent from an address with the event
description' FAILED

expected #<TMail::Mail port=#<TMail::StringPort:id=0x7342b8a>
bodyport=#<TMail::StringPort:id=0x733f598>> to deliver from "mytest
Classroom 42 : Janet Teacher1 <myemail at this.com>", but it delievered from
nil

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Tom

Tom Hoen

edgevale/interactive